Tuesday, June 28, 2011

1 bed, 2 beds, 3 beds, 4!

Over the past week we've put some serious muscle and sweat into digging out the hillside, moving lumber and installing the beds. Each one has been a unique adventure! Initially each of the beds had three 2x6 boards on each side, but then we realized that because of the slope it would work better to have three on the downhill side and two on the uphill side. This meant pulling up beds we had already dug in and removing boards. But we're happy to have improved the technique. The weather is getting sunnier and warmer, the day we got two beds done was our first day here without rain. You can probably tell from the pictures, there's less snow in the background on the Mission Mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment